Being shaved is a good thing
Zac Bond
2004-07-22 06:53:31 UTC
Well, I shaved off all the rest of my facial hair recently and I can't
remember if I mentioned it here. My random conversations with women
have gone up a bit, and some gay guy told me he thought I was cute the
other day. I guess that is....um, something.

But clearly everyone hates facial hair so I won't grow it back until I
need to look imposing (and until it actually fills in).

-Ophidian
Polychromic
2004-07-22 07:08:31 UTC
Post by Zac Bond
Well, I shaved off all the rest of my facial hair recently and I can't
Oh...facial hair. I thought you let some girl shave you in other
places...
Post by Zac Bond
remember if I mentioned it here. My random conversations with women
have gone up a bit, and some gay guy told me he thought I was cute the
other day. I guess that is....um, something.
Some random gay guy or someone you know from the neighborhood?
Post by Zac Bond
But clearly everyone hates facial hair so I won't grow it back until I
need to look imposing (and until it actually fills in).
On the plus side, a thin beard means you can go a day or two without
shaving and most people won't notice.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -={UDIC}=-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
thehawk
2004-07-22 08:18:15 UTC
Post by Polychromic
Post by Zac Bond
Well, I shaved off all the rest of my facial hair recently and I can't
Oh...facial hair. I thought you let some girl shave you in other
places...
*laugh* When I read your subject, me too. I was thinking what an
incredibly brave soul you were to allow sharp objects in that region of
your space.
Post by Polychromic
Post by Zac Bond
remember if I mentioned it here. My random conversations with women
have gone up a bit, and some gay guy told me he thought I was cute the
other day. I guess that is....um, something.
Some random gay guy or someone you know from the neighborhood?
Hey, at least your attention gathering is going up. I hope it gets
better and more women start noticing too.
Post by Polychromic
Post by Zac Bond
But clearly everyone hates facial hair so I won't grow it back until I
need to look imposing (and until it actually fills in).
Well, in that case, I hope you have better luck than I do in that
department..
Post by Polychromic
On the plus side, a thin beard means you can go a day or two without
shaving and most people won't notice.
*nods* Very good point. Or, if you are REALLY lucky, you can go a week
at a time before anyone notices (*thanks his Native American ancestors
every Sunday when he shaves for that one).

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
Polychromic
2004-07-22 08:36:30 UTC
Post by thehawk
Hey, at least your attention gathering is going up. I hope it gets
better and more women start noticing too.
I don't think he wants women to start noticing that gay guys are flirting
with him.

GD&R
Ashikaga
2004-07-22 15:59:32 UTC
When I tuned to 37kHz, I received thehawk:
<snip>
Post by thehawk
*laugh* When I read your subject, me too. I was thinking what an
incredibly brave soul you were to allow sharp objects in that region of
your space.
I subscribed to a completely new man's shopping magazine, and on their
premier issue, there is an article about "manscaping." That turned out to
be a rather popular subject to talk about on their website. LOL! Gosh, I
ended up learning too much about shaving there, and what people's concerns
are when do it.... I am traumatized :-D.

<snip>
Post by thehawk
*nods* Very good point. Or, if you are REALLY lucky, you can go a week
at a time before anyone notices (*thanks his Native American ancestors
every Sunday when he shaves for that one).
Ah. That explains your name, Hawky. :-) Which tribes are you from then.
(*tries to refresh the memory on that class he took in college about Native
Americans*)

Anyways, somehow I have a lot of facial hair... (and hair in other
places...), and I don't know whether I should thank my Asian ancestors for
that one or not.... ;-)
--
Ashikaga Dragon de-NT- OM+++ U7'S89 u- uC uF-- uG+++
-== UDIC ==- uLB----uA+ nC++ nH+ nP+nI nPT- nS+++ nT--
Cats, Smile, Love wM----wC+ wI--- wN- z++ a26
pibbur
2004-07-22 09:19:47 UTC
Post by Zac Bond
But clearly everyone hates facial hair so I won't grow it back until I
need to look imposing (and until it actually fills in).
On the plus side, a thin beard means you can go a day or two without
shaving and most people won't notice.
And a thick beard means you can go for weeks without people noticing
anything.

pibbur, the bearded dragon

PS. I've often wanted to gointo a shop where they selv shaving-things, and
ask for a new machine, since my current one obiously isn't working. DS.
Polychromic
2004-07-22 09:40:43 UTC
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:19:47 +0200, "pibbur"
Post by pibbur
And a thick beard means you can go for weeks without people noticing
anything.
Well, if you shave, then taking a few days off can be either a lazy break
in your routine to enjoy, or a period of scruffiness to also enjoy. With
a full beard, it's just the same day in and out.
Post by pibbur
pibbur, the bearded dragon
PS. I've often wanted to gointo a shop where they selv shaving-things, and
ask for a new machine, since my current one obiously isn't working. DS.
I mostly use some old Philips rechargeable razor, but I like to use some
of those hyped up 3-4-5 blade disposables once in a while. Of course, I
forgot my handle was a Schick and I bought Gillette blades last time.
Oops.
Ashikaga
2004-07-22 16:01:22 UTC
When I tuned to 24kHz, I received Polychromic:
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
I mostly use some old Philips rechargeable razor, but I like to use some
of those hyped up 3-4-5 blade disposables once in a while. Of course, I
forgot my handle was a Schick and I bought Gillette blades last time.
Oops.
Personally, I am afraid of using a manual razor, but Gillete's Mach 3 is
constantly raved about.
Samurai
2004-07-22 21:45:46 UTC
Quoth Ashikaga <***@hotmail.com>:
[munch]
Post by Ashikaga
Personally, I am afraid of using a manual razor, but Gillete's Mach 3
is constantly raved about.
I find it no better than the old Sensor Excel, FWIW. I only use blades
for three or more days' growth, though. Normally, I stick with my
trusty Phillishave. :)
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\/////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a28
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
Ashikaga
2004-07-23 03:21:22 UTC
Post by Samurai
[munch]
Post by Ashikaga
Personally, I am afraid of using a manual razor, but Gillete's Mach 3
is constantly raved about.
I find it no better than the old Sensor Excel, FWIW. I only use blades
for three or more days' growth, though. Normally, I stick with my
trusty Phillishave. :)
Phillishave? Reminds me of Philli-cheese steak sandwidch.
Polychromic
2004-07-23 08:00:23 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Samurai
[munch]
Post by Ashikaga
Personally, I am afraid of using a manual razor, but Gillete's Mach 3
is constantly raved about.
I find it no better than the old Sensor Excel, FWIW. I only use blades
for three or more days' growth, though. Normally, I stick with my
trusty Phillishave. :)
Phillishave? Reminds me of Philli-cheese steak sandwidch.
*refuses to make hair sandwich comment*
thehawk
2004-07-23 08:27:01 UTC
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Samurai
[munch]
Post by Ashikaga
Personally, I am afraid of using a manual razor, but Gillete's Mach 3
is constantly raved about.
I find it no better than the old Sensor Excel, FWIW. I only use blades
for three or more days' growth, though. Normally, I stick with my
trusty Phillishave. :)
Phillishave? Reminds me of Philli-cheese steak sandwidch.
*refuses to make hair sandwich comment*
*thinks* That is normally a comment about that sort of pie, is it not?
Or burger?

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
Ashikaga
2004-07-23 15:12:20 UTC
Poly says...
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Phillishave? Reminds me of Philli-cheese steak sandwidch.
*refuses to make hair sandwich comment*
*thinks* That is normally a comment about that sort of pie, is it not?
Or burger?
I wouldn't know. I am a virgin.
thehawk
2004-07-24 05:11:02 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
Poly says...
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Phillishave? Reminds me of Philli-cheese steak sandwidch.
*refuses to make hair sandwich comment*
*thinks* That is normally a comment about that sort of pie, is it not?
Or burger?
I wouldn't know. I am a virgin.
Right. Your body may be virginal, but your mind is very not.

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
Ashikaga
2004-07-24 09:41:40 UTC
Ashikaga says...
<snip>
Post by Ashikaga
I wouldn't know. I am a virgin.
Right. Your body may be virginal, but your mind is very not.
My mind has been raped by impure thoughts. Unforgiveable, I say!
(*snickers*)
thehawk
2004-07-25 02:24:52 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
Ashikaga says...
<snip>
Post by Ashikaga
I wouldn't know. I am a virgin.
Right. Your body may be virginal, but your mind is very not.
My mind has been raped by impure thoughts. Unforgiveable, I say!
(*snickers*)
You need a new dictionary. It is not 'rape' when it is something you
want.

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
Ashikaga
2004-07-25 09:18:15 UTC
Ashikaga says...
Post by Ashikaga
Ashikaga says...
<snip>
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Ashikaga
I wouldn't know. I am a virgin.
Right. Your body may be virginal, but your mind is very not.
My mind has been raped by impure thoughts. Unforgiveable, I say!
(*snickers*)
You need a new dictionary. It is not 'rape' when it is something you
want.
Nah! It's just a story of how Ashi lost his virginal mind. :-p Can you
believe I used to be a very innocent kid?
thehawk
2004-07-25 12:51:39 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
Ashikaga says...
Post by Ashikaga
Ashikaga says...
<snip>
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Ashikaga
I wouldn't know. I am a virgin.
Right. Your body may be virginal, but your mind is very not.
My mind has been raped by impure thoughts. Unforgiveable, I say!
(*snickers*)
You need a new dictionary. It is not 'rape' when it is something you
want.
Nah! It's just a story of how Ashi lost his virginal mind. :-p Can you
believe I used to be a very innocent kid?
Pretty much everyone starts off as innocent. The age at which it is
lost, the circumstances under which is occurs, and the degree of lossage
is what sets them apart.

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
Ashikaga
2004-07-25 15:34:44 UTC
Ashikaga says...
<snip>
Post by Ashikaga
Nah! It's just a story of how Ashi lost his virginal mind. :-p Can you
believe I used to be a very innocent kid?
Pretty much everyone starts off as innocent. The age at which it is
lost, the circumstances under which is occurs, and the degree of lossage
is what sets them apart.
Now, you made me curious of how thehawk lost his first. ;-)
Claus Dragon
2004-07-28 17:44:19 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
My mind has been raped by impure thoughts. Unforgiveable, I say!
(*snickers*)
get the nine tailed catwhip and give yourself 20!
--
Claus Dragon <***@mpsahotmail.com>
=(UDIC)=
K1!2!3!456!7!S a25
Ashikaga
2004-07-28 18:01:57 UTC
Post by Claus Dragon
Post by Ashikaga
My mind has been raped by impure thoughts. Unforgiveable, I say!
(*snickers*)
get the nine tailed catwhip and give yourself 20!
Huh? Twenty of what?</clueless>
Claus Dragon
2004-07-28 20:32:57 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Claus Dragon
get the nine tailed catwhip and give yourself 20!
Huh? Twenty of what?</clueless>
Twenty strokes on the back, what else?
K1!2!3!456!7!S a25
Ashikaga
2004-07-28 23:13:16 UTC
Post by Claus Dragon
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Claus Dragon
get the nine tailed catwhip and give yourself 20!
Huh? Twenty of what?</clueless>
Twenty strokes on the back, what else?
Not sure if I want it.
Claus Dragon
2004-07-28 17:41:21 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
Personally, I am afraid of using a manual razor, but Gillete's Mach 3 is
constantly raved about.
A manual razor is much smoother and with some practice, much faster
than an electrical shave. Of course, with not too much practice, you
will cut yourself from time to time, but those wounds heal very fast
anyways.

Btw, investing money on good blades is worth the money.
K1!2!3!456!7!S a25
Ashikaga
2004-07-28 18:01:02 UTC
Post by Claus Dragon
Post by Ashikaga
Personally, I am afraid of using a manual razor, but Gillete's Mach 3 is
constantly raved about.
A manual razor is much smoother and with some practice, much faster
than an electrical shave. Of course, with not too much practice, you
will cut yourself from time to time, but those wounds heal very fast
anyways.
But I am a bleeder! :-(
Claus Dragon
2004-07-28 20:33:28 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
But I am a bleeder! :-(
A real bleeder?
K1!2!3!456!7!S a25
Ashikaga
2004-07-28 23:12:18 UTC
Post by Claus Dragon
Post by Ashikaga
But I am a bleeder! :-(
A real bleeder?
Used to be worse, but now it's not that bad. It's a hereditary thing.
Polychromic
2004-07-29 00:10:39 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Claus Dragon
Post by Ashikaga
But I am a bleeder! :-(
A real bleeder?
Used to be worse, but now it's not that bad. It's a hereditary thing.
Just stick some shrimp shells on those cuts, or powered potato.
Not only will the cuts stop bleeding but you will taste better for any
passing grues.
Ashikaga
2004-07-29 15:33:24 UTC
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Claus Dragon
A real bleeder?
Used to be worse, but now it's not that bad. It's a hereditary thing.
Just stick some shrimp shells on those cuts, or powered potato.
Not only will the cuts stop bleeding but you will taste better for any
passing grues.
.... Are you sure I won't get infection on my wound with your method? And
what's a powered potato?
Polychromic
2004-07-29 17:05:43 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Claus Dragon
A real bleeder?
Used to be worse, but now it's not that bad. It's a hereditary thing.
Just stick some shrimp shells on those cuts, or powered potato.
Not only will the cuts stop bleeding but you will taste better for any
passing grues.
.... Are you sure I won't get infection on my wound with your method? And
what's a powered potato?
I meant powdered potato. I forget the url for that one but for the shrimp
look up Chitosan. Basically both those preparations are processed starch
compounds that are biologically inert and safe but when applied to
bleeding wounds help to absorb the water in blood so clotting can be
speeded up. If you ever see a soldier sprinkling powder on a bleeding
wound, now you know what he is doing.
Ashikaga
2004-07-29 17:46:03 UTC
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Polychromic
Just stick some shrimp shells on those cuts, or powered potato.
Not only will the cuts stop bleeding but you will taste better for any
passing grues.
.... Are you sure I won't get infection on my wound with your method? And
what's a powered potato?
I meant powdered potato. I forget the url for that one but for the shrimp
look up Chitosan. Basically both those preparations are processed starch
compounds that are biologically inert and safe but when applied to
bleeding wounds help to absorb the water in blood so clotting can be
speeded up. If you ever see a soldier sprinkling powder on a bleeding
wound, now you know what he is doing.
Somehow I imagine a wound that looks like parmesan pepperoni pizza....

(*goes to look up Chitosan*)

BTW, a real bleeder is someone with hemophilia, which is a genetic disease
with the symptom of having very few (or totally void of) blood clotters.
Saint George's Dragon
2004-07-30 18:28:05 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
BTW, a real bleeder is someone with hemophilia, which is a genetic disease
with the symptom of having very few (or totally void of) blood clotters.
I had always heard someone with hemophilia called a hemophiliac,
although I checked and plenty of on-line dictionaries include the term
bleeder.
--
d e+ N- T- Om++ UK!1!2!3!4!56A78!9 u uC uF- uG+ uLB+ uA nC nR nH+ nP
nI+ nPT nS+ nT- y- a25, Captain in the Cinnaguard, Weirdo, Blue Bow
Fantasy #15 'Spider Man!'.
Ashikaga
2004-07-30 20:02:47 UTC
Post by Saint George's Dragon
Post by Ashikaga
BTW, a real bleeder is someone with hemophilia, which is a genetic disease
with the symptom of having very few (or totally void of) blood clotters.
I had always heard someone with hemophilia called a hemophiliac,
although I checked and plenty of on-line dictionaries include the term
bleeder.
Hemophiliac is the medical term I believe. Bleeder is just the common
term.
Ashikaga
2004-07-29 17:48:07 UTC
When I tuned to 29kHz, I received Polychromic:
<snip>
I forget the url for that one but for the shrimp look up Chitosan.
Hey! Chitosan is a fat burner, not blood clotting reagent....
Polychromic
2004-07-29 23:34:52 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
<snip>
I forget the url for that one but for the shrimp look up Chitosan.
Hey! Chitosan is a fat burner, not blood clotting reagent....
Try chitosan and clotting in Google.
Ashikaga
2004-07-30 03:34:41 UTC
When I tuned to 15kHz, I received Polychromic:
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Try chitosan and clotting in Google.
This is the number one link under Yahoo with that search.

"Blends of Stearyl Poly(Ethylene Oxide) Coupling-Polymer in Chitosan as
Coating Materials for Polyurethane Intravascular Catheter..."

;-)

Anyways, seriously, I found the article about chitosan and its application
in the Army to stop severe bleeding, and quote "similar to those caused by
an AK-47." Rather figuartive. ;-) Anyways, the chitosan bandage sounds
rather intriguing, or something from a science fiction. If I am not
mistaken, the article says once it get wet, it'll stick and bond with the
skin and can be pulled off later on.... Weird.
pibbur
2004-08-06 13:54:12 UTC
You don't wanna know this, but I can't help it, every time I see this
subject line I keep thinking about a song performed by Skin (and her
performance) from Skunk Ananzi. The chorus goes something like:
"Money-making is a pretty good thing".

APOUIFP
(another piece of useless information from pibbur)
Samurai
2004-07-28 23:49:20 UTC
Quoth Claus Dragon <***@ultima-dragons.org>:
[munch]
Post by Claus Dragon
A manual razor is much smoother and with some practice, much faster
than an electrical shave.
Not my experience. I can shave in about the same time with both, and my
electric razor actually gives me a /better/ shave than the blade (decent
Gillette) if I take a bit more time.
Post by Claus Dragon
Of course, with not too much practice, you will cut yourself from time
to time, but those wounds heal very fast anyways.
There have been one or two occasions after a wet-shave when I've walked
into work with bits of tissue still stuck to my face. That's also
something electric shavers help me avoid. ;)
\^\^//
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
Polychromic
2004-07-29 00:13:21 UTC
Post by Samurai
[munch]
Post by Claus Dragon
A manual razor is much smoother and with some practice, much faster
than an electrical shave.
Not my experience. I can shave in about the same time with both, and my
electric razor actually gives me a /better/ shave than the blade (decent
Gillette) if I take a bit more time.
A real razor shaves not just the hairs but the top layer of skin cells.
No electric does that.
Post by Samurai
Post by Claus Dragon
Of course, with not too much practice, you will cut yourself from time
to time, but those wounds heal very fast anyways.
There have been one or two occasions after a wet-shave when I've walked
into work with bits of tissue still stuck to my face. That's also
something electric shavers help me avoid. ;)
I have a hereditary mole next to my nose that I usually go over with an
electric razor even when I use a real razor on the rest of my face. The
mole bleeds too long when I accidentally but it.
Ashikaga
2004-07-29 15:44:22 UTC
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Post by Samurai
Not my experience. I can shave in about the same time with both, and my
electric razor actually gives me a /better/ shave than the blade (decent
Gillette) if I take a bit more time.
I never dare to shave with a manual razor.
Post by Polychromic
A real razor shaves not just the hairs but the top layer of skin cells.
No electric does that.
I (theoretically) can dream of electric sheep and I can cut you in half.
Does that count?
Post by Polychromic
Post by Samurai
Post by Claus Dragon
Of course, with not too much practice, you will cut yourself from time
to time, but those wounds heal very fast anyways.
There have been one or two occasions after a wet-shave when I've walked
into work with bits of tissue still stuck to my face. That's also
something electric shavers help me avoid. ;)
Bits of tissue??? Eww....
Post by Polychromic
I have a hereditary mole next to my nose that I usually go over with an
electric razor even when I use a real razor on the rest of my face. The
mole bleeds too long when I accidentally but it.
Mole can be hereditary? Don't you mean it's inborn?
Polychromic
2004-07-29 17:00:21 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
I (theoretically) can dream of electric sheep and I can cut you in half.
Does that count?
No. Not unless you use your hentai tentacles to grasp the horns of the
prayer box and toss it into the tub while it's plugged in.
Post by Ashikaga
Mole can be hereditary? Don't you mean it's inborn?
Inborn? I mean that it is passed down through the bloodline in my family.
Ashikaga
2004-07-29 17:38:51 UTC
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
I (theoretically) can dream of electric sheep and I can cut you in half.
Does that count?
No. Not unless you use your hentai tentacles to grasp the horns of the
prayer box and toss it into the tub while it's plugged in.
I have no idea what you are saying there, Poly. (*mumbles*) What is
plugged in??? And most curiously, what plugs it...?</Siggie>

BTW, I only have one hentai tentacle (as do most men). (*giggles*)
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Mole can be hereditary? Don't you mean it's inborn?
Inborn? I mean that it is passed down through the bloodline in my family.
Mole is genetic??? So people from your parents' line have moles on their
nose? I trust people but not dumb, you know....
Polychromic
2004-07-29 23:33:39 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
Mole is genetic??? So people from your parents' line have moles on their
nose? I trust people but not dumb, you know....
Not on the nose. Who shaves their nose? It's by my nose.
Ashikaga
2004-07-30 03:36:24 UTC
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Mole is genetic??? So people from your parents' line have moles on their
nose? I trust people but not dumb, you know....
Not on the nose. Who shaves their nose? It's by my nose.
I trim my nose hair. Does that count? The nose trimmer from Panasonic is
the best one. Other nose trimmers can't give a closer shave than it. :-)
Polychromic
2004-07-30 07:46:24 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Mole is genetic??? So people from your parents' line have moles on their
nose? I trust people but not dumb, you know....
Not on the nose. Who shaves their nose? It's by my nose.
I trim my nose hair. Does that count? The nose trimmer from Panasonic is
the best one. Other nose trimmers can't give a closer shave than it. :-)
Bah! Real mean just do self-electrolysis with a hand-held taser.
Ashikaga
2004-07-30 15:16:36 UTC
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
I trim my nose hair. Does that count? The nose trimmer from Panasonic is
the best one. Other nose trimmers can't give a closer shave than it. :-)
Bah! Real mean just do self-electrolysis with a hand-held taser.
I wonder what it'll do to nipples.
Polychromic
2004-07-30 20:51:18 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
I trim my nose hair. Does that count? The nose trimmer from Panasonic is
the best one. Other nose trimmers can't give a closer shave than it. :-)
Bah! Real mean just do self-electrolysis with a hand-held taser.
I wonder what it'll do to nipples.
Takes 'em clean off!
Samurai
2004-08-09 22:59:45 UTC
Quoth Ashikaga <***@hotmail.com>:
[munch]
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Samurai
There have been one or two occasions after a wet-shave when I've
walked into work with bits of tissue still stuck to my face.
That's also something electric shavers help me avoid. ;)
Bits of tissue??? Eww....
Since my newsreader choked during the week I was away and is now listing
a load of old posts as unread, I'm having to wade through more than 700
posts. This does, at least, afford me the opportunity that in the UK
tissue == Kleenex in the USA. I don't as a rule have any biological
structures on my face that aren't meant to be there.

Well, except possibly the beard that sort of led to this discussion in
the first place. ;)
\^\^//
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
Polychromic
2004-08-09 23:24:02 UTC
Post by Samurai
[munch]
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Samurai
There have been one or two occasions after a wet-shave when I've
walked into work with bits of tissue still stuck to my face.
That's also something electric shavers help me avoid. ;)
Bits of tissue??? Eww....
Since my newsreader choked during the week I was away and is now listing
a load of old posts as unread, I'm having to wade through more than 700
posts. This does, at least, afford me the opportunity that in the UK
tissue == Kleenex in the USA. I don't as a rule have any biological
structures on my face that aren't meant to be there.
Well, except possibly the beard that sort of led to this discussion in
the first place. ;)
tissue, kleenex? Is this like toilet paper or Puffs?

Real dragons just rip some flesh from one of the bodies in the larder.
Nice flesh-tone bandages that way you see.
Ashikaga
2004-08-10 15:27:33 UTC
Post by Samurai
[munch]
Post by Ashikaga
Bits of tissue??? Eww....
Since my newsreader choked during the week I was away and is now listing
a load of old posts as unread, I'm having to wade through more than 700
posts. This does, at least, afford me the opportunity that in the UK
tissue == Kleenex in the USA. I don't as a rule have any biological
structures on my face that aren't meant to be there.
Well, except possibly the beard that sort of led to this discussion in
the first place. ;)
Now, I am puzzled. Of course we are talking about beards. What else could
I possibly mean? ;-)
Claus Dragon
2004-07-29 17:26:05 UTC
Post by Samurai
Not my experience. I can shave in about the same time with both, and my
electric razor actually gives me a /better/ shave than the blade (decent
Gillette) if I take a bit more time.
Well, I am not a daily shaver, so for me my rule probably applies.
Besides, using my electrical razor is pretty much like flogging a
dead horse by now.
Post by Samurai
Post by Claus Dragon
Of course, with not too much practice, you will cut yourself from time
to time, but those wounds heal very fast anyways.
There have been one or two occasions after a wet-shave when I've walked
into work with bits of tissue still stuck to my face. That's also
something electric shavers help me avoid. ;)
Yes, that is why i switched to electric shavers as well. That and
remnants of shaving foam clinging to the area below my ears.

Btw, you used both electric razor and electric shaver, which one is
correct? Or are both expressions considered to be correct?
K1!2!3!456!7!S a25
Polychromic
2004-07-29 20:19:48 UTC
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:26:05 +0200, Claus Dragon
Post by Claus Dragon
Btw, you used both electric razor and electric shaver, which one is
correct? Or are both expressions considered to be correct?
Both are equally correct although now with the electric vibrating
disposable Gillette(?) there might need to be some adjustment.
Ashikaga
2004-07-29 20:32:01 UTC
Post by Polychromic
Post by Claus Dragon
Btw, you used both electric razor and electric shaver, which one is
correct? Or are both expressions considered to be correct?
Both are equally correct although now with the electric vibrating
disposable Gillette(?) there might need to be some adjustment.
Vibrating shaver, eh??? What's next for Gillette? Pain relieving
lubricator? Kinky....
Samurai
2004-07-30 23:59:20 UTC
Post by Claus Dragon
I can shave in about the same time with both, and my electric
razor actually gives me a /better/ shave than the blade (decent
Gillette) if I take a bit more time.
Well, I am not a daily shaver, so for me my rule probably applies.
It must be said, if I have several days' growth, I get much better
results with a blade, so there I can certainly agree. The Phillishave
tends to pull longer hairs out, rather than cutting them. Owie. <:)
Post by Claus Dragon
Besides, using my electrical razor is pretty much like flogging a
dead horse by now.
Well, that obviously makes a difference, too...

[munch]
Post by Claus Dragon
Btw, you used both electric razor and electric shaver, which one is
correct? Or are both expressions considered to be correct?
Electric razor is a more American term -- most Brits call them shavers.
But neither is out-and-out wrong.
\^\^//
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
Claus Dragon
2004-08-14 19:11:42 UTC
Post by Samurai
It must be said, if I have several days' growth, I get much better
results with a blade, so there I can certainly agree. The Phillishave
tends to pull longer hairs out, rather than cutting them. Owie. <:)
Yup, that is what I meant.
Post by Samurai
Post by Claus Dragon
Besides, using my electrical razor is pretty much like flogging a
dead horse by now.
Well, that obviously makes a difference, too...
Yes, but then I am not in the mood to buy a new one right now, not
enough money to spend on that.
Post by Samurai
[munch]
Post by Claus Dragon
Btw, you used both electric razor and electric shaver, which one is
correct? Or are both expressions considered to be correct?
Electric razor is a more American term -- most Brits call them shavers.
But neither is out-and-out wrong.
As I have been americanized for two weeks in July, I will probably try
to get rid of the remnants of british english anyways, so by now, they
are electric razors.

Ashikaga
2004-07-22 15:47:51 UTC
Post by Polychromic
Post by Zac Bond
Well, I shaved off all the rest of my facial hair recently and I can't
Oh...facial hair. I thought you let some girl shave you in other
places...
My first impression also....
Post by Polychromic
Post by Zac Bond
remember if I mentioned it here. My random conversations with women
have gone up a bit, and some gay guy told me he thought I was cute the
other day. I guess that is....um, something.
Some random gay guy or someone you know from the neighborhood?
There are gay people live in your neighborhood? I only know there are a
couple lesbians live on the street behind us.

BTW, don't ever call a friend a random person if that's really the case. I
wouldn't call Poly a random blasphemer. <GDR> Seriously, a friend is a
friend....
Post by Polychromic
Post by Zac Bond
But clearly everyone hates facial hair so I won't grow it back until I
need to look imposing (and until it actually fills in).
On the plus side, a thin beard means you can go a day or two without
shaving and most people won't notice.
(*nods*) I have thick and dark beard and somehow people never feel tired
of commenting on it if I just let it grow for a day or two.... Besides, my
two-day beard actually look sexy.
Dalboz Dragon
2004-07-22 07:27:26 UTC
Post by Zac Bond
Well, I shaved off all the rest of my facial hair recently and I can't
remember if I mentioned it here. My random conversations with women
have gone up a bit, and some gay guy told me he thought I was cute the
other day. I guess that is....um, something.
Funny, I've been growing a full beard about two weeks now. It's like
the Venom symbiote from Spiderman where you've rejected it and it now
goes to find a new host.
Post by Zac Bond
But clearly everyone hates facial hair so I won't grow it back until I
need to look imposing (and until it actually fills in).
I haven't had favorable comments so far. And I will admit that it
appears a bit scraggily right now. I'm giving it another two weeks.
The problem is that I have bald patches near my jaw, and for some
bizzare reason, my mustache never connected to the rest of my beard.
And a girl friend of mine (friend whose a girl, just to be clear) is
saying that she's not fond of it and she doesn't like facial hair,
which is odd because she's the one who told me to grow it. We'll see
if I have different results than you did.
--
Dalboz Dragon -=(UDIC and Grass Growth Analyst of dANIP)=-
AIM: BeerStud362
"Holy Flurking Schnit!" - Kang
Zac Bond
2004-07-22 09:15:25 UTC
Post by Dalboz Dragon
I haven't had favorable comments so far. And I will admit that it
appears a bit scraggily right now. I'm giving it another two weeks.
The problem is that I have bald patches near my jaw, and for some
bizzare reason, my mustache never connected to the rest of my
beard.

This is the same issue as with mine. I'm told that those spots are
the very, very last to fill in, so I was figuring another few years,
maybe 25 or 26, I could grow a real one. Except I'm pretty sure
you're older than me, so now I am worried! I may never be able to be
a well-bearded old man professor :-/

-Ophidian
pibbur
2004-07-22 09:22:56 UTC
Post by Dalboz Dragon
Post by Dalboz Dragon
I haven't had favorable comments so far. And I will admit that it
appears a bit scraggily right now. I'm giving it another two weeks.
The problem is that I have bald patches near my jaw, and for some
bizzare reason, my mustache never connected to the rest of my
beard.
This is the same issue as with mine. I'm told that those spots are
the very, very last to fill in, so I was figuring another few years,
maybe 25 or 26, I could grow a real one. Except I'm pretty sure
you're older than me, so now I am worried! I may never be able to be
a well-bearded old man professor :-/
Don't worry, I started growing a beard when I was 25. And when I look at
pictures from that period I can see that I was veeeery optimistic.

As for now, the 3 major important women in my life (my wife and 2 daughters)
won't allow me to shave. And 2 of them won't let me cut my hair either.

pibbur, the bearded one
Polychromic
2004-07-22 09:36:37 UTC
Post by Dalboz Dragon
Post by Dalboz Dragon
I haven't had favorable comments so far. And I will admit that it
appears a bit scraggily right now. I'm giving it another two weeks.
The problem is that I have bald patches near my jaw, and for some
bizzare reason, my mustache never connected to the rest of my
beard.
This is the same issue as with mine. I'm told that those spots are
the very, very last to fill in, so I was figuring another few years,
maybe 25 or 26, I could grow a real one. Except I'm pretty sure
you're older than me, so now I am worried! I may never be able to be
a well-bearded old man professor :-/
You can be the clean-shaven sexy Indiana Jones professor that the girls
are all clamoring for some personal "tutoring".

-
Polychromic, 40 years old and still can't grow a proper beard.
Whreky
2004-07-22 11:28:20 UTC
Post by Polychromic
Post by Zac Bond
This is the same issue as with mine. I'm told that those spots are
the very, very last to fill in, so I was figuring another few years,
maybe 25 or 26, I could grow a real one. Except I'm pretty sure
you're older than me, so now I am worried! I may never be able to be
a well-bearded old man professor :-/
You can be the clean-shaven sexy Indiana Jones professor that the girls
are all clamoring for some personal "tutoring".
-
Polychromic, 40 years old and still can't grow a proper beard.
Heck, I shave my neck below the jawline so I can have a beard and days of
scruffiness both.
And, I get a 5 oclock shadow at noon. And that's just my back! :-)
~~O^O~~
Optician Dragon
-==UDIC==-
Iraq must be a NRA member's Paradise. Everyone has guns and they're defending
their homes.
Ashikaga
2004-07-22 15:28:52 UTC
When I tuned to 28kHz, I received Polychromic:
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
-
Polychromic, 40 years old and still can't grow a proper beard.
That's the bravest confession you've done so far. :-) It's okay to be
without a beard. I've always thought it's more shameful to try too hard to
be someone I am not.
Polychromic
2004-07-22 20:13:23 UTC
Post by Ashikaga
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
-
Polychromic, 40 years old and still can't grow a proper beard.
That's the bravest confession you've done so far. :-) It's okay to be
without a beard. I've always thought it's more shameful to try too hard to
be someone I am not.
That would only be a confession if it was something bad or shameful. ;P
Ashikaga
2004-07-22 20:46:00 UTC
<snip>
Post by Polychromic
Post by Ashikaga
Post by Polychromic
Polychromic, 40 years old and still can't grow a proper beard.
That's the bravest confession you've done so far. :-) It's okay to be
without a beard. I've always thought it's more shameful to try too hard to
be someone I am not.
That would only be a confession if it was something bad or shameful. ;P
Erm..., eh.... (*bonks Poly's head then runs*) I didn't say nothing....
Samurai
2004-07-22 11:22:56 UTC
Quoth "Zac Bond" <***@cwru.edu>:
[munch]
Post by Zac Bond
This is the same issue as with mine. I'm told that those spots are
the very, very last to fill in, so I was figuring another few years,
maybe 25 or 26, I could grow a real one. Except I'm pretty sure
you're older than me, so now I am worried! I may never be able to be
a well-bearded old man professor :-/
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, 'Phid, but not everyone has
enough hair follicles on their face to carry off a short beard. There
is only the most tenuous of connections between my moustache and beach,
and I'm pushing 29. <:)

However, since I have a fairly round face, I've noticed a goatee adds a
bit of length to it -- and have received mostly favourable comments to
that effect. My sister laughed when she first saw it, but then that's
what sisters do. ;)

FWIW, when I had a full beard for a short time back at uni, the
moustache grew long enough to cover the places with few follicles -- but
I must warn you, big beards aren't generally the fashion these days.

Finally, I should also compliment you on the subject line, since I got
the same impression as Poly and Fallen Angel when I first saw it. Spot
the dirty minds... ;)
\^\^//
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
Michael Lehmeier
2004-07-22 08:54:26 UTC
Post by Zac Bond
Well, I shaved off all the rest of my facial hair recently and I can't
remember if I mentioned it here. My random conversations with women
have gone up a bit, and some gay guy told me he thought I was cute the
other day. I guess that is....um, something.
But clearly everyone hates facial hair so I won't grow it back until I
need to look imposing (and until it actually fills in).
I haven't shaved my face since...

Um...

(consults photo album)

1989!

And in case you wonder, when I did shave recently it was my arm.
My father found his old razor blade (one of those old throat-cutters)
and sharpened it. And when he sharpenes, he sharpenes!
But I would never try out that thing on my throat so I had to use my
arm.
--
Lehmeier Michael (Nightshade Dragon UDIC)

"Oamai a Meddla, imma a Meddla"
Thomas Moser - motto "Tough Stuff"
Ashikaga
2004-07-22 15:36:19 UTC
Post by Zac Bond
Well, I shaved off all the rest of my facial hair recently and I can't
remember if I mentioned it here. My random conversations with women
have gone up a bit, and some gay guy told me he thought I was cute the
other day. I guess that is....um, something.
Just feel flattered and enjoy it. I've been flatter by gay guys before,
and I don't think too much into it. Though my cousin should realize the
guy was flattering me not her.... (*snickers*)

And ooh hoo for your new found popularity among girls. :-) Lots of girls
like cute guys rather than intimidating guys.